Getting started and making changes.
Thank you for your purchase. You’ve made a wise decision to take action now and arm yourself with the knowledge you need to create/maintain a safe work environment.
I’m Jodi Schafer, owner of Human Resource Management Services in Michigan. Together, we’re going to dive deep into the subject of sexual and discriminatory harassment. We’ve designed this training to be completely customizable, allowing you to include your company-specific policies and procedures while we provide you a framework for increasing basic understanding of this issue.
Here’s what we’ll learn:
Module 1: History and definitions of harassment including sexual and discriminatory harassment.
- History and definition of harassment
- What protections exist against harassment
- Appropriate behavior in the workplace
- Company policy regarding anti-hostile work environment, harassment, and discrimination in the workplace
- Company policies prohibiting harassment and discrimination in the workplace
Module 2: Comparing and contrasting harassment with inappropriate behavior.
- Inappropriate Behavior
- Toxic/Negative Workplace
- Company Policies
- Employer’s Responsibility
- Company Complaint Procedure
Module 3: Leadership’s role in policymaking and nurturing a safe environment.
- Who can be found liable?
- Managers’ and Supervisors’ Responsibilities
- The Claim Process
- Investigating Claims
- Questionable Claims
- Acts of Retaliation